This blog post aims to answer the question, “Why are ENTJs attracted to INFPs?” and explore the various dimensions of the two Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality types named ENTJ and INFP that will help understand the answer.
Why are ENTJs attracted to INFPs?
ENTJs are attracted to INFPs because of the following 3 reasons –
- INFPs are warm and genuine.
- INFPs are authentic.
- INFPs are enthusiastic and creative.
These 3 reasons why ENTJs are attracted to INFPs will be discussed in further detail below after taking a deeper look at what ENTJ and INFP mean.
Who is an ENTJ?
The term ENTJ is used to describe one of Katharine Briggs and Isabel Myers’ sixteen personality types. ENTJ stands for Extraverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, and Judging.
ENTJ describes a person who is energised by spending time with others (Extraverted), who prefers to be planned and organised rather than spontaneous and flexible (iNtuitive), who makes decisions based on logic and reason (Thinking), and who prefers to be planned and organised rather than spontaneous and flexible (Thinking) (Judging).
Because of their natural desire to lead others, ENTJs are commonly referred to as Commander personalities.
ENTJs are strategic leaders who are driven to organise change. They are fast to spot inefficiencies and devise innovative solutions, and they like creating long-term strategies to achieve their goal. They are typically eloquent and quick-witted, and they excel in logical reasoning.
ENTJs are analytical and objective, and they enjoy creating order to their surroundings. When a system has problems, the ENTJ notices them and appreciates the process of identifying and implementing a better approach.
ENTJs are forceful and love being in control; they perceive themselves as leaders and managers, arranging people and procedures to attain their objectives.
ENTJ Personality Type Characteristics Are –
- People that have this personality type like socialising with others. They have excellent communication abilities, and engaging with people gives them a boost of energy.
- ENTJ personalities like to think about the future rather than the present. They are frequently more interested in abstract and theoretical knowledge than tangible specifics.
- ENTJs place a larger focus on objective and logical facts while making judgments. Personal sentiments and the emotions of others seldom play a role in their decisions.
- The ENTJ personality type is a planner. They gain a sense of predictability and control by making decisions and planning out a timetable or course of action.
- They are extremely reasonable, excellent problem solvers, and excellent leaders. These characteristics make them natural leaders who are focused on fixing issues quickly.
- ENTJs aren’t always adept with emotions, but it doesn’t imply they’re nasty on purpose. They are prone to concealing their feelings and sentimentality, seeing it as a flaw that should not be shown to others.
Who is an INFP?
The INFP personality type was developed by Katharine Briggs and Isabel Myers, the authors of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®). INFP stands for Introversion, iNtuition, Feeling, and Perceiving, which are four key personality qualities based on C.G. Jung’s work.
Each of the four letters of the INFP code represents a significant personality feature of the INFP personality type.
INFPs are stimulated by alone time (Introverted), focus on ideas and concepts rather than facts and specifics (iNtuitive), base their decisions on feelings and values (Feeling), and like to be spontaneous and flexible rather than planned and structured (Perceiving).
Because of their empathetic idealism and gentle concern for others, the INFP personality type is often known as the “Healer.” The INFP is also known by the following nicknames:
- The Thoughtful Idealist (MBTI)
- The Mediator (16Personalities)
An INFP prefers an unstructured and free-spirited lifestyle. INFP is an introverted and ultra-creative Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality type. The INFP is sensitive, creative, and loyal to their values.
INFPs are creative idealists who are guided by their primary ideals and beliefs. A Healer who is preoccupied with possibilities; the actuality of the time is merely a fleeting concern. INFPs see the possibility of a brighter future and seek truth and purpose in their own unique way.
INFPs are sensitive, loving, and compassionate people who are highly concerned with their own and others’ personal progress. INFPs are individualistic and nonjudgmental, believing that each person must forge their own path.
INFPs like spending time investigating their own ideas and ideals, and they gently encourage others to do the same. INFPs are creative and frequently artistic; they like discovering new ways to express themselves.
INFP Personality Type Characteristics Are –
- INFPs are introverts who are quiet and reserved. INFPs find that being in social situations depletes their energy, thus they prefer to connect with a small number of close pals. While they like being alone, this should not be mistaken for timidity. Rather, it simply implies that INFPs get energy from alone time. INFPs must, on the other hand, devote energy to social circumstances.
- INFPs rely on intuition and are more concerned with the overall picture than the finer points of a situation. INFPs can be quite thorough about things that are important to them or tasks they are working on, yet they tend to overlook little or insignificant details.
- INFPs value personal sentiments above everything else and their actions are affected more by these concerns than by objective data.
- INFPs prefer to keep their choices open when it comes to making decisions. INFPs frequently put off making key judgments in case the circumstance changes. The majority of judgments are made based on personal ideals rather than reasoning.
What are these 3 reasons why ENTJs are attracted to INFPs?
INFPs are warm and genuine.
Warmth, genuineness, originality, and insight into people are all qualities that ENTJs like in INFPs. They are attracted to the INFP’s unselfish attitude and are astounded by their extraordinary listening abilities.
The INFP’s deep inner life is immensely interesting, and ENTJs will feel free to open up their own tightly guarded, but sometimes equally complicated and terribly passionate, minds/hearts without fear of being judged. The traditional INFP peacefulness is awe-inspiring.
INFPs appeal to ENTJs because they are welcoming, sincere, and inventive. INFPs can assist ENTJs in seeing things in new ways and encouraging them to express themselves emotionally.
INFPs are authentic.
ENTJs love the authenticity of INFPs, their deep understanding of people, their knowledge of what makes them happy, and the fact that they kind of scream for authenticity.
ENTJs struggle to figure out what they want and need to survive, so they admire the INFP’s courage to do what they want. ENTJs are often drawn to the warmth, sincerity, creativity and intuition of INFPs.
INFPs are enthusiastic and creative.
ENTJs are attracted by INFP’s enthusiasm, authenticity and creativity. INFPs can help ENTJs see things from a new perspective and encourage them to connect with their emotions. INFPs are attracted by ENTJ’s ambition, wisdom and confidence.
INFPs have wild imaginations, and ENTJs can help INFPs formulate plans to bring these ideas to life. INFPs can help ENTJs to calm down and understand their vision, as well as find new creative ways to expand it.
ENTJs focus first on performance (Te) and then on vision (Ni), and INFPs can help them see vision along with their purposeful nature, giving them a more holistic focus.
ENTJs can help INFPs connect with their inferior function, and extroverted thinking, become bolder and focus on their energies. INFPs can help ENTJs connect with their introverted feelings and become more aware of their own values and personal morals.
INFPs can help ENTJs better understand the people who are part of the equation, which can help them in interpersonal relationships as they embark on a new career or entrepreneurial endeavour.
ENTJs have many levels, but they don’t feel comfortable sharing some aspects of their personality until they really trust someone. ENTJs, in particular, find emotions and feelings difficult to understand.
ENTJs are unlikely to react emotionally on a regular basis, although this can happen when they suppress their feelings. Many ENTJs can be rude and harsh without wanting to be, and this is a bad combination for INFPs who understand things and whose feelings are easy to hurt.
INFP will know that you are very different from them, and some ENTJs may try to push them to become more like themselves, thereby making them feel that they are not good enough.
Sometimes ENTJs and successful people who love success will pay attention to the success of INFP, especially in the field of art and creativity, but they only like them because they reflect on the quality of success they see or want for themselves.
This blog post aimed to answer the question, “Why are ENTJs attracted to INFPs?” and reviewed the features and functions of the two Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality types named ENTJ and INFP to help determine why ENTJs are attracted to INFPs. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or comments you may have.
Storm, S.When Opposites Attract – INFPs and Compatibility with ENTJs and ESTJs. (2016, December 28). Retrieved from https://www.psychologyjunkie.com/2016/12/28/opposites-attract-infps-compatibility-entjs-estjs/#:~:text=ENTJs%20are%20often%20attracted%20to,by%20their%20incredible%20listening%20skills.
How do ENTJs feel about INFPs? Quora. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.quora.com/How-do-ENTJs-feel-about-INFPs
ENTJ/INFP Attraction. Reddit. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.reddit.com/r/entj/comments/7e3gyx/entjinfp_attraction/
INFPs, why are you so attracted to ENTJs? Personality Cafe. (2012, June 26). Retrieved from https://www.personalitycafe.com/threads/infps-why-are-you-so-attracted-to-entjs.104333/
INFP and ENTJ Relationship. Crystal. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.crystalknows.com/personality-type/relationship/infp-entj
COMPATIBILITY OF ENTJ WITH INFP IN RELATIONSHIPS. Truity. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.truity.com/type-relationship-advisor/E/N/T/J/I/N/F/P
What do ENTJs think of INFPs? FAQ-QA. (2021, August 23). Retrieved from https://faq-qa.com/en/Q%26A/page=c2ac9c59797481076ba0125c4dea13ae
Alderson, J. ENTJ Compatibility, Relationships & Love. So Syncd. (2021, May 9,). Retrieved from https://www.sosyncd.com/entj-compatibility-relationships-and-love/
Alderson, J. The Complete Guide to Personality Type Compatibility. So Syncd. (2021, March 8). Retrieved from https://www.sosyncd.com/the-complete-guide-to-personality-type-compatibility/